Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Adoption Garage Sale!

About a week ago, I was getting very antsy about some items in our home that I want to get rid of.  I'm sick of them taking up room in our very limited storage space, and I wanted to clean out.  As we were going through a few things, I nonchalantly said to Col that we should have a garage sale as a fundraiser for our adoption.  He immediately got excited, I explained how I knew a few people who had done it, and we decided to see if there would be enough interest for it.  Col posted a status on FB, and the response was a lot more than I thought we would get!

And so, we are embarking on a garage sale fundraiser!  I had a moment of, "What did we get ourselves into?!" knowing that garage sales are a lot of work, but I'm excited to get rid of stuff and see how successful we are. 

We are planning on sale dates of Saturday, July 12th and Sunday, July 13th!

Here's how you can help:

1) Donate items: We will arrange to pick it up, price it out, and do all the work (unless you want to help and give us an idea of prices, because I have no idea how to decide on that!).  It's a great excuse to clean out your closets and easily get rid of stuff!

2) Volunteer: help us one of those days, especially with set up and tear down

3) Lemonade stand: help us keep this going throughout the day

4) Spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment