Sunday, September 16, 2012

harvest fest

This past weekend Col and I visited my parents to enjoy the Harvest Festival (as an avid, obsessive Gilmore Girls fan, think of the festivals that they have in Stars Hollow).  Friday night we met them in Buffalo to eat at P.F. Chang’s which I had never been to.  I was so excited and was not disappointed!  Although I ate at least 2.5 pounds worth of food, it was soooo delicious!


Saturday we supported the local library by purchasing mums to add to our front garden, strolled the main street in town to check out the scarecrow contestants, and enjoyed the historical Gowandians cemetery tour, where dad showed off his acting skills.  This year we also had the treat of going into the old Hollywood Theatre, which has been undergoing renovations for years.  I can only imagine what it was like in its time, and can’t wait to see it once they fully restore it.

our favorite scarecrows



 dad playing Daniel Garnsey


inside the theatre




It was a great weekend to enjoy the beginning of the fall season!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I was just remembering what a great actor your dad is/was in the series from church. "Ron", now that's a great word!

    ReplyDelete