Wednesday, November 21, 2012

apartment vs. house addendum

reason #1 why I'm glad we found a house : driveway parking

my car was brutally side-swiped this morning between when Col left for work at 7a and when I left at 8a.  not only did I look out the window to find that my driver's side mirror was helplessly lying in the street feet from the car, but the entire side of the car is scraped up.  I will have to have all three panels of the car fixed.

[let's just say I was not a very happy girl this morning...or now for that matter]

however, in the spirit of Thanksgiving:
-I'm thankful for a very nice police officer who came to my work and wrote up the report
   (especially thankful he didn't remind me that I shouldn't be driving without a mirror)
-I'm thankful for a super awesome and helpful insurance agent
-I'm thankful for the very kind lady at the collision place
-I'm thankful for my hubby for taking it to get an estimate this afternoon
-I'm thankful for my parents and friends who have been sympathetic and offering help
-I'm thankful that I forgot we switched insurance companies this past year and that my deductible is half of what it used to be

2 more months people, then it's G.O.O.D.B.Y.E. to on-street parking nightmares!
            
[including the every night alternate parking hassles and
             the five parking tickets that we've received since living here]

1 comment:

  1. That stinks! I'm glad things have gone smoothly with the insurance company and a lower deductable is definitely something to be extremely thankful for.

    ReplyDelete