Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012

So much to be thankful for this year, and every day.

Here are some of my traditional favorites:
-watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade
-and consequently the dog show that's always on afterwards
-eating turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, squash
-spending the day with family

And a few new ones this year:
-spending most of the day at home getting long-neglected things done around the apartment
-waking hubby up with chocolate chip pancakes
-receiving a picture text from my brother of the Kermit balloon live from the parade
-enjoying the evening with 42 family members from the Leathersich clan
(side note: I'm still slightly upset at myself for not trying the deep fried turkey option)

The night ended perfectly when as I was getting ready for bed my husband asked from the living room if I could stay up for another half an hour to cuddle on the couch and...he paused until I came in and said, "We haven't watched this yet," and pulled out Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving.  If anyone knows him and knows me, this was huge!  I LOVE, or perhaps am obsessed, with watching holiday movies and he is a little, or a lot, less enthused.  So thank you Col!

Friday to Sunday we got to spend at my parents' where we ate even more, had another T-day dinner on Saturday, played tons of games, watched movies, and enjoyed the first full snowfall.

And true to form, I carried my camera around with me all day and all weekend and didn't take a.single.picture.  I really have to get better at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment