Monday, June 24, 2013

adoption : next step

After what felt like a long time to wait (it wasn't - a week or two), our social worker called tonight to set up our home study visits!  Our first one is this coming Saturday afternoon, at our home, and she will meet with each of us individually.  I am SOO nervous even though everyone who has been through the adoption process says it's not a big deal.  I asked if we needed to prepare anything, and she said that all we needed were our brains and that everything she needs is there.  I'd feel better prepared if I had a list of sample questions, but I also need to learn that I just can't be prepared for everything.

She said we will then make plans for the second visit which will be more centered around our home and happen with us together.  It's usually about a week after the first visit.  So, we could be a waiting family by the end of July!  I am so excited to finish this last step in the paperwork/home study process!  Then will be "the wait," which I feel like I've failed already waiting for the home study visit to be set up, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

If you think of it, please pray for us this Saturday! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment