Tuesday, July 30, 2013

we have entered into...the waiting phase!

Today we received the news from our adoption agency that we are officially, finally, and completely home study ready!!!  It sounds backwards, like we are ready to start our home study visits, but what it really means is that we have moved into phase 2: waiting.  We are a "waiting family," some call it "paper pregnant," ready to receive calls about profiling and referrals at any time.  HOORAY!!! :D

Looking back on our journey thus far, the paperwork/home study process has been much easier than I thought it would be.  It was always so daunting to see the stacks of paperwork of those who had been through the adoption process, wondering how many years it would take to just complete that much.  But to be honest, I enjoyed checking each item off the list and working through them as quickly as possible (I love checklists...crazy, I know).  I always knew this next part would be the hardest; waiting for referrals and trying to plan but not plan too much, being ready but enjoying life as it is now.  In some ways, it's easy to just keep living as if nothing has changed, because this is what we are used to.  But in other ways, I feel like I should be doing more because at any moment, life can and will change completely and oh so awesomely.

And so, amidst a few organizing/cleaning projects and our usual busy, jam-packed life, Colin and I are getting used to having our phones ready and waiting at all times.  We are anxious to receive our first profiling call to learn of a referral and the chance for our profile to be shown to a birthmom.  I am nervous to see how our first call goes and know that I'll feel better after experiencing one so that I know more of what to expect.  But I also know that I'll be a nervous wreck each time we choose to be profiled, waiting to hear if we were chosen or not.  I'm not sure if we will share each time we are profiled, just because we could get a lot of opportunity calls and not be the family picked for that child, which could get hard explaining each time.  Know that we will most definitely keep everyone updated as much as we can, especially when we have a referral and are chosen!  For now, continue to pray for us, our future child, and his/her birthmom/family.  And hop on over to our puzzle fundraiser to help us raise the funds we need to bring our baby home!

No comments:

Post a Comment