Saturday, December 28, 2013

cherished gifts

We had a very good Christmas this year.  The week of Christmas was full of family, friends, food, time off, and relaxation.  My current sadness dissipated as we enjoyed time with my brother who we see once a year at Christmas, extended and immediate relatives, each other, and at church.  I had time to reflect on Jesus' birth and the joy of the season.  I thoroughly enjoyed every celebration we had and our quiet Christmas morning together.  

We received a completely unexpected gift from my in-laws that we are so excited about: a propane patio heater for our deck!  I am SO excited to have get-togethers outside again and enjoy warmth in the cool spring and fall evenings.

A special gift we received from my parents was my childhood rocking chair, re-upholstered and re-finished by my mom.  She said she was so glad she had time to finish it because it was the best gift, and I agree!  I can't wait for Little L to use it someday :)


My brother has always been the most thoughtful gifter I know.  He outdid himself this year, giving us the sweetest gifts for Little L, because he wasn't around for our showers.  My most cherished one is this growth chart that he made himself.  I'm so impressed and blown away!  It includes pins to affix the tags on the length of burlap.  Another thing I can't wait to use for all the future Little L's!


No matter the journey, we are blessed.  I am so thankful for our families and friends the Lord has given us, and for sending His Son, so that we can celebrate the Christmas season.  I hope your Christmas was just as special!

No comments:

Post a Comment