Saturday, February 22, 2014

#2 February date

For Christmas this year I gave Col 12 dates, one for each month of the coming year.  Each envelope had a date coupon in it along with a small gift, cash, or gift card depending on what that month's date is.  The idea is that we will have a date set aside each month and have almost everything needed for it so that we don't have to use a separate part of our budget.

January was an in-home movie night.  I forgot to take a picture (no surprise), but we watched The Internship, had popcorn in popcorn containers, drinks, and movie theater candy.  The date required us to dress comfy and put away cell phones, computer, etc.  

This month, our date was to go to Mendon Ponds Park in honor of our engagement (February 2010).  Even though I originally put that we would go to Birdsong Trail specifically, we decided to take Mendon and hiked a new trail.  It was a good workout, hiking on the frozen trails for an hour, and we had fun.  I think the best part for Col was when I fell on my butt in the parking-lot-turned-ice-rink. ;) No pictures, but I'll try to do better on the rest of our dates this year.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment