Friday, August 22, 2014

from the mouth of babes

We went to the last "Movie Under the Stars" at the town hall last night, and this time my sis-in-law and oldest niece joined us.  We were chatting while waiting for the movie to start when someone stopped near us with an infant.  Kenzie said, "Look Ashley!" and I said something about the baby when she said, "That's going to be you!  Are you and Uncle Col going to be the Mommy and Daddy?"  Melt.my.heart. 

Kenz has always remembered more than we adults do, and while it's been a long time since Col and I have not talked about having Little L someday, she obviously remembers from everything our family has told her.  I just love how an almost-5-year-old can make your night with one simple statement.  Let's hope it rings true sooner than later because this waiting-mama feels like someday is forever away!

No comments:

Post a Comment