Sunday, October 12, 2014

October is Pregnancy, Infant, and Child Loss Awareness Month

I posted this on Facebook recently, but feel that it is important and wanted to also write about it here.

Throughout our infertility/adoption journey, we have been fortunate to meet so many amazing people and become connected to a network of people through infertility and/or adoption, as well as those who have suffered miscarriages.  I feel as though infertility and miscarriages/infant death are still subjects that many keep to themselves, even though support and efforts are gaining ground.  However, I've also found that the biggest way to love and support is to be open with your own story so that you may bless another who is suffering through it. Ever since we went "public" with our journey, I've heard from so many people who have shared their own stories with me and thanked me for being open with ours.  Colin and I have also had the privilege of being a part of a loss photography project, which I hope to share with you all soon!  It's amazing how honesty in pain can open you up to so many new experiences and relationships.

Lastly, I am also a daughter to parents who lost a child at the age of 8 (when I was five) and a friend to many who have felt the loss of their babies in utero. October is Pregnancy, Infant, and Child Loss Awareness Month, and I'm sharing this in honor of those whose stories I know and those who are suffering in silence.  Please visit the link below for ways to help those who have experienced Pregnancy, Infant, and Child Loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment