Saturday, March 24, 2012

apologies

Well folks, as you can see my fear of not having the time to write consistently has come true. I apologize for the lack of posting, but time has gotten away from me and I obviously haven't made much of a habit yet of my new hobby here.

The good, the bad, the happy, the sad:

-we took an overnight trip with some wonderful friends to Toronto thanks to a Living Social deal

-work has been kicking my butt these past few weeks. 'nuff said.

-sadly, a full-time teaching job for next year that Colin interviewed for didn't pan out

-the weather in Rochester has been unprecedentedly warm and we've gladly ushered in Spring/Summer with multiple game nights outside with lots of fabulous people

-I finally saw The Help with two of the best and we made a whole theme night out of it. I made a chocolate pie and we ate fried chicken, sweet potato fries, and sweet tea. Yum!

-I attended a wonderful brunch potluck baby shower and enjoyed time with great small group friends and lots of breakfast food

-we got to babysit our adorable niece and I loved every minute of the outdoor time, princess dresses, running around, and imaginary play. She's the best :)

-Col and I attended an Amerks game compliments of a ticket pack that he got for Christmas from my rents. Sadly, they lost. Hopefully next week when we go again we'll win!

So, even on the tight get-Col-through-these-last-two-semesters-of-grad-school/subbing/me-working-two-jobs budget, we've still been busy and done lots of fun free things - our fave!

Enjoying the St. Patrick's Day parade

And P.S. I can't believe March is almost over! That means two weeks until our Leathersich family vacation (woohoo!) AND it's almost our 1 year wedding anni! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment