Tuesday, March 6, 2012

parentals

My parents are awesome. I'm sure most people could say so, but every time I get to spend time with mine I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have been raised and loved by such self-sacrificing, caring, Godly people (not to mention how thankful I am that they only moved to Gowanda instead of Rwanda like most people originally thought...).

This past weekend we got a special treat as my dad, who is a pastor, was able to take a mini-vacation from his usual pastoring duties, and he and my mom were able to spend Saturday and Sunday with Col and I. We kicked off our visit with lunch at La Tea Da, a local tearoom, which I had promised to mom since I had purchased a Groupon for us to use. Dad and Col needed lunch too, so they decided to tag along, and boy did we have fun!

Dad channeling his Victorian tea manners

After stuffing ourselves silly with delicious sandwiches and desserts (and tea, of course!), we decompressed at our apartment and spent a relaxing evening in with games and a movie.

Sunday was fun attending our church with my parents, an activity we don't get to do in the same place often. Afterwards, we had a lively brunch w/ Col's rents since our families don't get to see each other very much either. A habitual go-visit-rents-or-rents-come-visit = go-shopping stop at Walmart commenced before homemade laundry detergent (yes!) and no-bake cookie making. We tied it all up with two episodes of my all-time favorite show Gilmore Girls, and then it was time to say goodbye.

Thanks mom and dad for a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment