Sunday, September 29, 2013

long overdue updates

I started to write this on Monday 9/16, and then it sat here in my drafts.  I'm sorry for the delay, but life has been a little crazy lately!  I also apologize for not having anything profound to say at the moment.  More [important] updates to come soon, but for now, some minor happenings:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday mornings we have been going to obedience classes with Mendon.  She is a very well-behaved dog, but we are working on her focus and recall when she comes across other dogs on walks (especially yipper ones who bark at her rudely).  It's been fun; we have a small class and it's held where Col works.

The neighborhood boys hate us.  Or in some weird elementary-school-boy way love us enough to torture us.  Col said he'll write about the experiences we've had lately, so I'll leave you with that.

We had a new woman move in next door to us, and another down the street.  We were hoping for some young families on our block, but since they aren't, I'll settle for the fact that they will be quiet neighbors.

We started to register for Little L over the weekend.  My sister-in-law went with us, and we had a fun time.  Before we got out of the car, I asked her if she was ready for this, because once before when Col and I went in the store to look at crib sets, I got a lot of obvious and confused belly glances.  However, we were blessed with a man for our registry rep AND I was extremely surprised and pleased to see that on the registration sheet there was a box to check if we were adopting!  Seriously made my day.  I gratefully exclaimed thanks, and other than a few looks which I barely noticed, we had a fun time registering :)

Community Group through church started up again, and we are with a different group that previously.  It was extremely hard to part ways with some of the couples that we have been with for years, but we have been having a great time getting to know lots of new people.  Our new group is already quite large, but we've already started to form some new friendships, all while applying sermons to our lives and praying together.

We had a fire drill at church a few weeks ago.  I was volunteering in the bookstore that morning, but my shift was cut short as we all had to exit the building at the beginning of the sermon.  Unfortunately we were never able to go back in for that service, but thankfully there wasn't a fire.  Check out our church's blog for more details.

Mom and dad came up for a Sunday afternoon of football, shopping, and pizza.  It was so nice to be able to have an impromptu day together now that they live closer.  Dad and Col watched football while mom and I went shopping, then we reconvened for dinner.  It was a relaxing time catching up, and they were happy to only have to drive about an hour back to Grandpa's house (where they are staying right now) instead of over 2 hours.

I enjoyed some country time visiting my friend's house. She has done an awesome job re-doing the place, and it was great to see the progress. Reminded me of my love of wide open spaces and old farmhouses.

We celebrated our oldest niece's 4th birthday.  I hate how fast time flies by as we get older!  I can't believe that she is already 4 years old!  Happy birthday, sweet, sassy, outgoing girl!

We braved the drive-in with our friends one more time despite the cool fall temperatures.  We all sat outside bundled up head to toe for the first movie, but due to a difficult time hearing it and freezing our toes off, we sat in the car for the second.  It was a great trip out there, and I'm so glad we got to go again and spend time with them.

Col and I also took advantage of the super warm weather this weekend and went mini-golfing with a Groupon that was about to expire.  We hadn't played the course in a long time, and the place has changed a lot (for the better) since Col worked there.  We had a great time, and it was nice to slow down and have a little date together.  Sidenote: we recently hit our old dating anniversary.  We've officially been together for 6 years :)

Lastly, the Amazing Race started back up!  Sometimes it's hard to tell from the first episode, but do you have a favorite team?  I'm still deciding, no one's jumped out at me yet. 

That should keep the blog from dying for now.  Stay tuned for some much more interesting material soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment