Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!  This year we spent the day at my parents' house with my mom's side of the family.  Mendon did a great job staying in the living room while we ate (new training we are teaching her), and we had a great time catching up and eating lots.  We got to facetime with Zack which was also fun and amusing as always!  He and Kristyn were making their own Thanksgiving feast.  The big difference?  It was barely 30 here while their temperatures were in the 70's.  They were thinking of going to the beach!  That evening we went to my grandma's and relaxed with my dad's side of the family.

Friday I slept almost 12 hours (a huge rarity for me), and we went out in search of a new dishwasher (ours has been dead for many months).  We only had to visit a few places and found a great deal on a better model than we would normally get.  It included delivery, installation, take-away of old dishwasher, and no tax!  I was so excited when we left the store.  Guess I'm a real grown-up now since I am excited about a new dishwasher!  We spent the evening with Col's family and had our own Thanksgiving celebration, eating more good food and enjoying each others' company.

Even though Thanksgiving was much different than we anticipated it being and we weren't enjoying a newborn, we still had a great time.  This year, I am thankful for the love and unending support of our families and friends.  I am thankful for my husband, who keeps me strong and enjoying life.  I am thankful for the beautiful house we bought and our cute, lovable dog we adopted, both this year.  As always, we are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment