Tuesday, June 12, 2012

musings

Life is hard. 

Sure we’ve all heard that before, but do you ever have those days/weeks/months/years where you feel burdened by this fact?  The past week has been exhausting in almost every sense of the word.  One thing after another has been popping up and threatening to steal my sense of well-being, destroy relationships, and cause me to grieve.  So lately I have been thinking about how much heartbreak and suffering there is in this life.  It’s been one of those weeks where I grieve for the perfect world that was lost due to sin.  And even though I’m thousands of years removed from that fateful day when Adam and Eve lost this perfection, I often think about what life would have been like.  Granted, this would erase our need for a Savior, Whom I’m eternally grateful to and thankful for a relationship with, but it’s always interesting to think about all the hurt that would have been avoided.  Enduring rough times make me even more excited for the everlasting joy of Heaven someday.

Do I love my life?  Wholly and unconditionally yes.  Am I ever so grateful for the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, my family, and my friends (the latter two being huge blessings in my own life)?  Of course!  However, do I also grieve along with God for the pain that sin and living in a fallen world causes people every day?  Yes.

But when all of this weighs heavy on my mind, I can find comfort and thank God for this: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.  In this world you will have trouble.  But take heart!  I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment