Tuesday, July 24, 2012

New York, New York!

We got away for a long weekend and went with my parents to visit my brother, Zack, in NYC!  The weekend was full of good food, cute tucked-away shops, and lots of walking.  We were fortunate to have my brother as our own personal tour guide, and enjoyed the not-so-touristy part of the City.  It was great getting to experience it the way we did.  We traveled by train and even stayed in an apartment in the East Village instead of a hotel!  It was so much fun getting to see my brother who I haven't seen since Christmas and spending the whole weekend with him, my parents, and Col.

Day 1:

Traveled by train, taxi, subway, bus, and ferry.  Only missing a plane ride to make our travels complete.


Browsed a local bookstore.  Zack was sure to show me that I could self-publish a book there.  I better get writing!

Had a fancy dinner out to celebrate Mom's birthday at a "secret" restaurant (I had told my brother that I wanted to go to little coffee shops, local bookstores, and a secret "no-one-but-the-locals-know-about" restaurant on our visit.  This one sure was tucked away with no signs indicating where it was.).  Everything was delicious!  I tried lamb for the first time.


Got a spectacular view of the NYC skyline from where Zack lives.  And I get to color in a new state on my map, New Jersey!


Day 2:

Walked and shopped along Broadway.

Visited the 9/11 Memorial Site.

Ate the healthiest lunch I've ever had (an all organic, free-range, cage-free, etc. cafe).

Explored our area, the East Village.


Day 3:

Enjoyed a breakfast of pastries and iced hot chocolate at a local coffee shop.

Browsed the entire M&M's store and visited FAO Schwarz.


Had a picnic in Central Park.


Went to the Central Park Zoo.


Ate flat-crust pizza (NYC style).

Day 4:

Ate homemade granola for breakfast at a local coffee shop that Zack had suggested.


Boarded the train for the ride home.

Got delayed over 3 hours on the train.

Finally made it home after 2am.  The weekend was completely worth working a 12+ hour day on Tuesday after only sleeping 4 hours.  Huge thank you to Mumsie and Popsicle who made it all possible :)

No comments:

Post a Comment