Tuesday, December 11, 2012

on this, the day of my birth

I was born 26 years ago at 5pm.  I came out screaming and starving; barrel-chested with huge round cheeks.

I wasn't screaming my arrival this year, but I'm so thankful to celebrate another birthday.  Most of the day was spent at work, but I was spoiled by gifts, lunch, cake, and everyone's favorite song, Happy Birthday.  Afterwards I enjoyed chai with my most wonderful, cute pregnant roomie.  Once Col got out of work we headed over to Label 7 for dinner to redeem a Groupon, and it was so so good.  We stopped at Wendy's on the way home to grab free Frosty's as dessert with some coupons that we had, and topped the evening off by watching Parenthood (which, by the way, was a heart wrenching episode!).  And this is not to mention the extended celebrations with friends and family before today and planned for after.

Once again I am blown away by the amazing people that God has blessed my life with.  Blame it on just watching It's a Wonderful Life, but the famous line from it is so true, "Remember George, no man is a failure who has friends," and I'd like to add family to that too.

Life is short, and we've been reminded of that once again recently.  So this year, more than ever, I want to remember and be thankful for the blessings that God has given, especially in the form of relationships. 

And so, thank you to each and every person who shared in my birthday by wishing me a happy one.  You are all dearly loved and appreciated!  Here's to 26!

No comments:

Post a Comment