Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

Last year I wrote down a month-by-month list of things that I hoped to accomplish.  I'm not sure where it is at the moment as I stopped carrying it around in my planner a few months ago, but I do remember a lot of what I wrote down.  They were all huge life goals, with a few it's-happening-no-matter-what events sprinkled in (just so I could check something off and feel good about the passing of time).  I had them split into categories: personal, professional, spiritual, and there was possibly a fourth.  Some were completed, others almost are (buying a house!), and still many others were pushed into the future.  While I really can't not have goals, because I'm unable to not try to plan out every detail of my life, I'm not sure if I will hold myself so strictly to the month in which I wanted to complete them because let's be honest, God's the one who really holds the plans, and they could be none of the above, or at the very least are probably variations to what I come up with.  While I am super excited to what this year may bring (oh yes, we already have some goals/plans a brewin'), I'm also glad that my worth is not measured in how many check marks I can make on my list.  Honestly, all the little improvements, new experiences, and general enjoying of life while growing closer to God, my hubby, family, and friends are what really count.

This year we spent our first day of the year sleeping in (a rarity), recycling our still beautiful, green tree, purging our closet and dressers of clothes, and enjoying a lazy day off.

What do you hope this new year will bring?
Any plans/goals?
How did you spend the first day?

No comments:

Post a Comment