Wednesday, March 13, 2013

tales of a pseudo mommy

I recently got to babysit for our friends' 13 month old for three days while they were away, and I had a blast!  I was a little worried when I went to get her up the first morning, since I had come over super early so they could make their flight.  If she was surprised to see me instead of her mom or dad, she didn't show it at all.  And our time together was wonderful :)

From where I'm standin' there is seriously nothing like:
-being greeted with a smile every.single.time. you go to get a baby in the morning/from nap
-bath playtime
-sleepers/footie pj's.  I miss them myself (they were my pajama of choice until I was like...oh maybe say, 12?  Yup, I just admitted that.)
-being hindered from walking around because a little someone is standing against your legs holding on to them
-hearing baby babble from the monitor
-long walks talking about the squirrels and birds
-cuddly moments
-playing on the floor all day
-reading storybooks, especially my all-time favorite from when I was a kid, Goodnight Moon
-snuggling in the rocker before bed, watching eyes get sleepy

So thankful to our friends for entrusting us to watch their sweetheart.  We enjoyed your house, fireplace, and HGTV too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment