Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2 year anniversary!

Today marks two years of marriage for us!  T.W.O.!  Crazy how fast time flies by, yet also seems like we've been married for much longer (in a good way!).  A lot of big stuff happened in our lives this past year:

-Col graduated from graduate school (debt free!)
-Col switched jobs after being able to find something full-time (hooray!)
-I quit my part-time job after 3 years (and am loving only working full-time instead of both!)
-We bought our first house (all I can say about finishing that process is phew!)
-We got our sweet pup, Mendon (love her!)

The second anniversary is marked by cotton, which represents durability and the ability to adapt.  I think we've done that well this year!

After much thought, I gave Col a badminton set (the net is cotton) that we can enjoy playing together in our new yard.  Col gave me new slippers (which I really wanted and needed, seeing as mine got caught in a tug-of-war match between two dogs).

Unfortunately, Col worked until close but when he got home at 7:30pm, we headed off to Olive Garden for dinner, after which we exchanged gifts at home and watched our wedding video.  He asked if this was another tradition I was starting (I'm big on traditions, Col, not so much, but we had watched it last year too), and I said of course!  I LOVE watching our wedding video!  I love thinking that two years ago at this time or that we were at our ceremony or reception.  Two years down, many, many more to go!  Love you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment