Friday, April 12, 2013

anni surprise

Our 2nd anniversary is next week and so we planned to celebrate with a little getaway this weekend.  Unfortunately, our plans to use a free 2-night hotel stay that we had was denied as their terms and conditions had changed.  We planned to go somewhere within driving distance and just enjoy some time somewhere else together.  I was super bummed and worried we wouldn't be able to do anything due to this last minute notice that we got, but when I asked Col what we would do, he said it was all taken care of.  He asked if I wanted to know or have it be a surprise, so I thought, why not be surprised!? 

I wasn't sure if he really had something up his sleeve until I started receiving clues from "Mysterious Blog Reader" on my blog post from last year for our 1 year anniversary.  I got three in all this past week, and I am sooo excited to find out where we are going!!

on 4/5:
Here is an anniversary clue or two
But I'm only doing this to get YOU through
The first one I have is a time of the day
It comes in a month just before May
It will be a bit after you don't see a moon
But it will be sometime well before noon
This will start to get you on your way
But for now that's all I am going to say...

on 4/8:
So now you know when we leave
The next clue you are about to receive
We will begin our fun
When the work week is done
It will last for two days
Which will then end our phase
It will begin when the calendar hits three
But please add a one in the front so you see
You have just one more clue to go
It will happen before the big show
But for now all you'll have to do is wait
Don't worry the next one won't come too late!
 
on 4/10:
Now what to pack
Is what you're wanting to ask
The weather will be fair
But you may need more in your care
So predict to be wet, cold or hot
I know, it sounds like a lot
But prepare for the worst
I'll tell you this first
You may want a suit
But it depends on our route
Wear comfy shoes
You have nothing to lose
And bring something nice
As we may roll the dice
No worries, I'm not telling where we'll go
Once we arrive there, then you'll know
This concludes the clues given to you
Now you will wait for you know who!
 
{how awesome are these poem clues?!}
 
So far I've figured out that we leave in the morning on Saturday!  Woohoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment