Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter 2013

Easter weekend started off Friday with me enjoying a quick, sunny walk down East Avenue toward Col's work as he and Mendon picked me up.  We headed straight from work, stopped in Batavia to see Deanna for a visit (she came home for the weekend!!), picked up Grandpa, and headed down to visit my parents.

(Mendon was excited, but exhausted from her day at daycare with Col.  She slept, snoring, the whole trip down.)
 
We enjoyed eating a ton of great food (mom always feeds us so well!), watching some interesting movies on TV (gpa picked Cowboys and Aliens, Monsters and Aliens, Godzilla, and some version of Cat Woman), taking walks with Mendon (where the three of us got scared by some giant chickens that were just chillin' in a neighbor's driveway), learning a new card game from gpa called 7's, and putting together a puzzle (Col and I finished this 1000 piece in the 2 days we were there...and yes, don't mind the Christmas theme).


We got an Easter basket (I love that I still get one even though I'm 26 and married; they just added stuff for Col too!  And I got him a chocolate dog in honor of our new addition.)

 
One of the best parts was going to church all together.  Honestly, I was a little grumpy that morning due to the dog waking us up early (in her defense, she wasn't used to hearing others in the house) and being the one to get up and take care of her two early mornings in a row.  But when we got to church and started worshipping, a little girl started dancing in the pew in front of us to the music.  This small act grabbed my heart and reminded me of what I should have been doing; wholeheartedly worshipping our Savior for He is alive!  Thank you Lord for moments to re-direct us!
 
Before we left, we even got to all Skype with Zack which was awesome.  It completed a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment