Wednesday, May 1, 2013

beyond frugal

Who else but my hubby can score a universal remote (batteries included - right before we were about to go buy one), two Adirondack chairs, an outdoor end table, and seven plastic outdoor chairs from the side of the road for free on our own street?

Growing up in the country, I remember when I first encountered the concept of, "Just put it out on the curb and someone will take it."  I thought it was so strange, but it's legit.  Even though we've only left one thing out before, we've been lucky at our new house to find needed items, which is super helpful being new home owners.  I'll admit, it was hilarious watching Col one night take a few trips back and forth trucking the chairs and table over from across the street, and another time after walking by the remote three times on a walk with Mendon, he ran over once more to grab it (and leave the TV behind), but I'm not complaining.  Thanks new neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment