Saturday, May 4, 2013

happy birthday, hubby!

Yesterday my hubby joined me in the ranks of being 26!  Unfortunately it was a work day, but we celebrated by going to see Iron Man 3 which had just come out with some of our friends from small group.  We indulged on a dinner of movie popcorn and blizzards from Dairy Queen.  Everyone needs a junk food meal every now and then ;)

Today, we were blessed by Col's uncle coming over and doing a few things to our deck to make it sound (I tell ya, the shortcuts they took with some things at this house...).  Afterwards, we enjoyed the afternoon at the Eshleman's along with Katie and Aaron, chatting and cuddling Jeremiah while Buddy and Mendon romped around.  It's been soo nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy this weather.  I love being able to enjoy being outside again!  

This evening we had Col's family over for dinner and dessert, which was the first time we had them all over together at our house.  It was fun to just hang out, catch up, love on my nieces, and joke and laugh together.  I had found a new recipe that I knew would be perfect, so I tried it out.  It's delicious, super rich, but oh so good.  My father-in-law even asked where it had come from, and I'm proud to say that I whipped it up this morning!  Perhaps I at least got my mother's baking/dessert abilities!  Behold, Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake:



No comments:

Post a Comment