Sunday, May 5, 2013

yard work

We enjoyed another home-owner responsibility today: yard work!  After a trip to Home Depot (it's funny, I always thought it was such a boring store and didn't understand why it was so essential, but since we bought our house, we've been there countless times and I'm always thinking of something else that we need), Col mowed the lawn for the first time with our [gifted used] mower, and I raked, pulled weeds, and tackled the major over-grown mess that was creeping onto our property from over the fence.  I was waiting to see if it would bloom and be pretty, but it's just a bunch of sticks that I can do without!  It was hard work, but at the end of the evening, we were pleased with the results.  The best part was watching Mendon "help."  She saw me pulling everything down and decided to chew/yank at weeds and sticks.  And my favorite: while Col was mowing the backyard, she walked behind him in the newly cut rows!  
 
[halfway there]





No comments:

Post a Comment