Tuesday, August 20, 2013

thinking of you...

Thinking today of my Grandma Grower and Grandpa Saile.  She passed away four years ago and he last year.  It's weird when it feels like just yesterday, but has been that long.  It's been an adjustment when at family gatherings, when missing a piece on both sides of the family.  For one who was so blessed to have them for longer than many others do, it still sounds strange to have to say "my grandpa" or "my grandma" instead of my grandparents, or to receive a card signed by only one of them. 

I've been thinking about them a lot throughout our adoption too.  So many losses tug at my heart, but one in particular about how I won't get to take a four generation photo with my grandma.  Even though biologically our child will not have the genes that have run down our line, I've always thought about how special of a picture it is to have, and a few years ago, I could have even done a 5 generation one (my great-grandmother lived until her 100th birthday - past my grandmother's death).

But I digress.  I am so very thankful for grandparents who were involved and familiar, who I still miss dearly.  And I am already thankful, knowing that our parents will mean just as much to our future children. 

So today, thinking especially much about you two.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment