Friday, March 7, 2014

adoption : one year in

This past weekend we had to update our registration with the agency, as it expires today, March 7th.  I have been dreading doing any updating, just because that means that a year has gone by since we officially began our adoption journey.  While it was pretty painless as not much has changed and the form is now online, it still requires a small fee and the realization that we are going to begin hitting one year marks.

I honestly thought that we wouldn't have to update anything, as everyone at the agency felt that we would adopt quickly.  However, God is the only one who knows His plans, the biggest of which is continuing to teach me to let go of my own plans and timeline.  It's a tough lesson for me, one that I fear I'll never master.  But I'm going to keep trying and keep hoping while I try.

 
Continue to pray for us.  Many days I am discouraged and feel like a baby will never be in our arms or home.  I look around our nursery at all the cute baby things that were given us at our showers and long to use them.  I'm drawn to random babies that we see out and about.  Other days I wonder if today will be the day we get the call that will change our lives forever.  Because you never know, it could be!


Want a tangible way to help us as we wait?  Our puzzle is still waiting to be finished for Little L.  We've almost had two placements, both happened with some surprise in their timing, so you never know when we'll want and need to have it complete.  Please think about it!

Thank you all for following our journey, through the ups and downs and long waiting periods.  We can't wait to one day surprise everyone with a picture of Little L in our arms forever!

 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I so know the feeling. We're coming around to having to update our 'good-for-18-months' immigration approval for the 3rd (THIRD!) time. I am so sorry it's a longer and harder journey for you. Know that you are not alone, and that there will be TONS of people cheering for you when baby L is finally home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! I know you've been there and are there too (which is always helpful knowing we aren't alone)! It's so frustrating having to re-do all these things, isn't it? You should know that I'm also waiting for when I can bawl my eyes out with happy tears after seeing the first pics of you guys as a family with Lil' Fuest! :)

      Delete