Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day weekend 2014

We had a great Memorial Day weekend!  I was looking forward to the extra day off work for a while, and we were able to accomplish a lot.  Saturday Col took Mendon to the dog park for the first time while I had a "coffee" (I don't like coffee) date with my two college roomies.  That afternoon I headed off for Rach's bachelorette party.  I enjoyed trying hoop dancing for the first time (although I didn't really dance at all...it took the whole hour to learn how to properly hoop!) and have the bruises on my hip and back to show for it!  We enjoyed some relaxing time with snacks and gifts before heading out, enjoying dinner at TRATA.








Sunday after church we worked at home underneath our deck.  Col especially has been wanting to do something underneath because while it's not tall enough to be a usable space for adults, it's half dirt, half grass which leads to a messy dog and wasted space.  There were some pavers left over from the previous owner, so we decided to spread those out and put down stone in between.  My parents' new house has a ton of stone that they don't want, so we formed the perfect partnership for our outdoor projects!  I am disappointed that I didn't take a before picture, but I'll post a partially finished picture soon.

We walked to the town parade in the afternoon that goes right near our house and brought Mendon to see how she'd do.  She was a perfect angel with all the attention she got from kids and adults, however she does not like drums!  Once they were in front of us she was shaking like a leaf, so we reassured her that she was ok and decided parades probably wouldn't be in her future.

Monday we headed out to my parents to pick up more stone and had a picnic with the extended fam.  We came back early that evening and worked outside more before sitting down to bust out the adoption update paperwork.  It was a great weekend, although tiring!  I need another day to rest up!

No comments:

Post a Comment