Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day was hard for me this year.  Last year we were in the adoption process, but I just didn't have the emotions that I did this year.  With the failed matches, which bring up infertility pain as well, and the fact that we are nearing renewal, it was a little tough.  However, we did have a great day celebrating our moms.  We went to church and then brunch with my in-laws, then enjoyed a nice walk outside on the river with Col's fam and Mendon.  I spent a lot of time reading and relaxing that afternoon, and then we went to Batavia and took my parents out for ice cream.  We are blessed to be able to celebrate with both of our moms.

I was also blessed immensely by three friends' sweet, heartfelt texts and messages about how I deserve to be recognized today, that the honor and title includes me as a mom waiting for my baby to be in my arms, etc.  It was so nice to know that amidst their Mother's Days, with their own little ones or little ones-to-be to celebrate, they were thinking of me and how the day was hard for me.  I am so grateful for the people that God has placed in my life to show me His love.  And I also read this in a blog and love this line: This year I have been able to accept that I am a Mother, but not YET a Parent.  Yes, that is true.  I make decisions for our future child, pray for him/her, and love him/her.  I am a mother, but not yet a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment