Wednesday, May 28, 2014

adoption renewal paperwork

One of my goals over the long weekend was to sit down and get our adoption paperwork done once and for all.  The packet of all too familiar items had been sitting on our kitchen island far too long, and I knew that because my motivation was pretty non-existent, I would have to set a goal for myself to be able to check off. 
 
Sunday night, my original night to tackle the pile, came and went, and so we sat down Monday night, pretty tired after days of working outside (probably not the best combination of it being the last night of a long weekend and being completely wiped out).  Despite that, we were able to complete everything.  I was extremely upset with myself because I had not made copies last year of the two hardest packets to fill out, which required lots of file-pulling, number-crunching, and general annoyance.  I was so looking forward to being able to copy over a lot of the information since not much has changed, but alas, I was taught my lesson once more.  Everything else had been copied (which came in handy a little), but I remember last year 1) wanting to get everything out ASAP, and 2) assuming that we wouldn't need to do this again.  Silly me!
 
However, after a few grumblings and frustration, we came out alive around 11p with our paperwork complete!  And so this bad boy went in the mail today, and we are on our way to renewal (I know, the picture of the envelope isn't very exciting, but I had to do something!).
 
 
Last steps: our medical forms/doctor's appointments and re-filling out the grid, which we have revisited a few times since the start of our journey and which shouldn't take long to do once more.  After those are in, we'll schedule another home visit with our social worker.

No comments:

Post a Comment