Monday, April 16, 2012

1 year anniversary!

Today, April 16th, marks our one year anniversary! It's amazing that only a year ago I was getting primped, dressed, and ready to then walk down the aisle, marry the love of my life, and enjoy a fun, lively reception with family and friends. I had always dreamed of being a Mrs., which then specified into becoming a Mrs. Leathersich. Our wedding day was the best day of my life, and multiple times I have asked Col if we could do the whole day again, over and over and endlessly over. While that's not possible, I do get to relive the day as many times as I want through memory, pictures, and our video, and even more importantly, I get to enjoy every day of the rest of my life married to my Mr.

Since the 16th was on a Monday this year, thanks to leap year and the general passing of days associated with our handy dandy calendar system, I had to re-join society after vacation and go to work. After a pretty decent day (hooray!), I got to enjoy making dinner with the hubby and opening the various cards sent to us from loving family and friends. Since I was too excited to wait any longer, I gave Col his gift. The first anniversary is represented by paper, and after a recent conversation where we sheepishly admitted that neither of us has the verses that are engraved on our rings memorized, I came up with this:

I got to enjoy a handwritten love poem from Col which stated:

"Roses are red, violets are blue,
I didn't have money, or I would have bought some for you"

It included a beautifully drawn rose. Not only that, but my treat was going out for ice cream! We headed to a newly opened place in Irondequoit called Indulge, where we both enjoyed the deliciousness that comes from all things ice and cream. We came back home, wrote down and shared the 10 things we love about each other (thanks to my roomie for giving it to us to do!), and enjoyed some sparkling grape juice with a ceremonial taste of our saved wedding cake (which wasn't that bad actually). The entire evening was a wonderful, relaxing time with my one and only, and the best way to spend our 1st anniversary!

3 comments:

  1. Mysterious Blog ReaderApril 5, 2013 at 12:21 PM

    Here is an anniversary clue or two
    But I'm only doing this to get YOU through
    The first one I have is a time of the day
    It comes in a month just before May
    It will be a bit after you don't see a moon
    But it will be sometime well before noon
    This will start to get you on your way
    But for now that's all I am going to say...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysterious Blog ReaderApril 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

    So now you know when we leave
    The next clue you are about to receive
    We will begin our fun
    When the work week is done
    It will last for two days
    Which will then end our phase
    It will begin when the calendar hits three
    But please add a one in the front so you see
    You have just one more clue to go
    It will happen before the big show
    But for now all you'll have to do is wait
    Don't worry the next one won't come too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mysterious Blog ReaderApril 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM

    Now what to pack
    Is what you're wanting to ask
    The weather will be fair
    But you may need more in your care
    So predict to be wet, cold or hot
    I know, it sounds like a lot
    But prepare for the worst
    I'll tell you this first
    You may want a suit
    But it depends on our route
    Wear comfy shoes
    You have nothing to lose
    And bring something nice
    As we may roll the dice
    No worries, I'm not telling where we'll go
    Once we arrive there, then you'll know
    This concludes the clues given to you
    Now you will wait for you know who!

    ReplyDelete