Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fashion statement

Embarrassment is good for us every once in a while, right? Let's talk about this scenario with a little equation:

blue fleece snowflake pajama pants
+ sock monkey slippers
+ grey waffle knit top
+ tan fleece pullover
+ frizzy, windblown, rained-on hair
+ 9pm Sunday night
+ landlord knocking on our door with cute, young couple looking to rent upstairs apartment in June
= welcome to the neighborhood!...?

Eek. Not one of my finer moments. Hopefully, our new upstairs tenants don't think I always look that disheveled (believe me, it might not sound that bad, but if you saw the clothing pieces together in one outfit...and let's not even get started on what my hair is capable of when not properly groomed [ask my high school friends or college roommate about the times I've blow-dried and brushed out my hair for them]). Gotta love how when I apologized for my outfit my landlord said, "It's ok, this was impromptu." As if also apologizing for my unruly appearance (and hoping it would not cause him to lose out on some future renters).

I'm the girl who usually matches even her pajamas. Go figure the one day I seemed to give myself freedom from my OCD-ness, I would be making an important first impression. I should have never walked over to the door without question after Col called, "Babe, come here for a minute!"

No comments:

Post a Comment