Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cherished surprise

This morning I drew back the shower curtain and to my surprise I saw...



{you'll never guess}



...a bottle with rolled up paper in it, and a few inches of water in the bottom of the tub. Nearby on the shower stand, there was a plastic bag full of air with a rubberband around it. Being married to a teacher, I reluctantly decided that I had to wake Col up to ask him what it was in case I were to ruin some sort of experiment or lesson for class. As if he were waiting for me, he was awake when I walked in the room and answered my question with a silly smile and a shrug.

Confused and curious, I headed back into the bathroom, picked up the bottle and unrolled the paper inside. My not-so-mushy-gushy husband had written a beautiful, heartfelt message in a bottle about this past year of our marriage and our future together. Talk about making a girl's day, week, month, and year! Happy anniversary to me, all thanks to my thoughtful husband who did in fact have a few tricks up his sleeve :) The paper anniversary is pretty darn good, I would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment