Friday, April 13, 2012

Disney family vaca

This past week we were blessed to enjoy a fabulous family vaca in Disney! Thanks to two awesome co-workers, I was able to get out of work early on Friday, therefore jump-starting our 19-hour drive by a few hours. Yes, that's right, Col, my in-laws, and myself drove straight through overnight to Orlando. Surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all, and we arrived around 8:30am Saturday morning, where we were able to see my sister- and brother-in-law and our niece much earlier than expected!

The trip was both fun and exhausting, and we had a great time watching our 2 1/2 year old niece enjoy every minute. She was thrilled, elated, and every other similar emotion every time she got to see one of the characters and she had a great time on the rides.

Us "grown-ups" had a blast riding all the rides, and enjoying the parades, shows, and fireworks. We hit up all four parks, Downtown Disney, and the Boardwalk. We did everything there was to do! And amidst it all, I was reminded at how blessed I am to have Colin as my husband. I told him that I loved how easy it was to travel with him and that we both had the same thoughts for how to spend our time (except for the Tower of Terror...that is one ride that I must ride without him).



Thursday morning bright and early we embarked on our long drive back home after a goodbye from our niece as she got ready to fly on an airplane again with her parents. We made it through all of our driving shifts and arrived back home in the middle of the night safe, sound, and ready for bed!

I love vacations! Mucho thanks to those who made it possible! :) You're never too old for Disney World!


No comments:

Post a Comment