Friday, May 4, 2012

The day of extreme emotions...

What a day!  Here are the stops on the emotional roller coaster that I rode today:

Exhaustion: It started off with rolling out of bed at 5:40am to give my dear friend Beka a ride to work as her car was being less than cooperative.  Let me tell you, it was the best drive down Monroe Ave that I've ever had - no traffic!  And it was good to help out a friend who would tolerate my I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-only-got-four-in-a-half-hours-of-sleep status.  Getting up early was well worth the future Bruster's ice cream that I was promised as commission :) [plus I kind of cheated and went back to bed for an hour after I got home before going to work]

Tentative relief: Work was decent.  A miracle in and of itself on a Friday.  I didn't get out until 6:30pm, but my stress level was tolerable as opposed to the usual I-feel-like-I-am-getting-an-ulcer-every-day.

Elation: Today Col dropped off the last and largest payment for grad school...EVER!  We have officially fully paid for his entire grad school with NO DEBT!  Shout out to Financial Peace for helping us make it happen!  I could go on forever about how awesome of an accomplishment this is for us and how happy we are that we did it.  And how pumped I am to now be using that money that we've been saving every month to dump on my undergrad loans, but not to bore you because this all turned into...

Anger/disbelief/shock: I was rear-ended at a red light by a taxi.  And when I turned down the next side street to pull over and talk to him he proceeded to not follow me, honk long and loud, and keep on his merry way to which I then decided to see if he stopped somewhere else.  As I was driving my gas light came on but I kept going, saw him at a gas station a ways from where he had hit me, turned around, he pulled out in front of me with another long and loud honk and in a stupid act that my mom said comes from my strong sense of right and wrong which occasionally limits my ability to see anything else, I followed him (it did flash across my mind that I could get shot down, alas to no avail), waving my arms for him to pull over, all the way to the house of the lady who he was transporting, to which I pulled over, got out and confronted him, and his reply was that HE NEVER HIT ME.  I'm sorry buddy, but my car when sitting braking at a red light does not move forward, make loud thumping noises, and cause the seat belt to lock into place all on its own.  And unfortunately because it's a case of he said/she said and the damage on my bumper is minimal and not worth doing anything with insurance about, this dishonest man gets away with it all.  U.G.H.  And by the way, next time you drive someone home, don't take the long way.

And so after all that, I finally did get to run my errand, get gas before running out, make it home in one piece, have a lengthy phone chat with my mom, and am now enjoying Gilmore Girls and blogging.  All in a day friends, all in a day.

On a happier note, we had a visitor on our porch today when I got home from work :)


1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! What a day! And how unfortunate that your best moment in a vehicle happened while transporting me to work at 6am! But don't worry...Bruster's heals all wounds. Maybe we can even smear some on the bumper.

    ReplyDelete