Thursday, May 24, 2012

How to: drop off the face of the earth...

...for 2 weeks.  About a month ago my hubby got sick with a sore throat/cough/sinus virus deal that took him until a few days ago to recover from.  I remained healthy for a week and a half while his white blood cells took on the challenge, downing vitamin C and everything else to keep myself healthy especially because my partner at work was fighting something as well.  Despite our best efforts (per Colin, no kissing allowed), I came down with the same fever/sore throat/cough/major sinus issue.  This thing is tough, especially because I'll feel a little better for a couple days and then BAM! it changes into something else and knocks me out again.  My antibiotic did nothing to help the situation and neither has downing mass amounts of water, keeping up with vitamin C, cold remedies, and sleep.  I've already embarrassed myself twice at work while having major coughing fits that don't stop for 20 minutes, once in front of a new patient at the front desk and once while on the phone.  Suffice it to say, I'm ready to be over this!

Long-story-not-short to say this: I apologize for being M.I.A. this past week or so.  Col says he recognizes the stages I'm going through from his own ordeal, so I should be on the up and up soon!

Thankful for these moments [amidst the plague] from the past week:

~watching Sarah's Key with two awesome friends, Teenie and KT
~attending Col's cousin's wedding on a beautiful day
~having tons of fun playing outside with our niece at a family picnic
~long walk to and around the Lilac Festival w/ Col where we enjoyed kettle corn, a fried Milky Way, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, and music
~sweet emails and generosity from someone who I haven't even met yet
~being able to spend small group outside

No comments:

Post a Comment