Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Oh, what a fabulous, fabulous long weekend!  The kind of weekend that makes me wish they lasted forever (as if I need help with that), or at least that 3-day weekends were the norm.  That one extra day makes such a difference in my well-being.  Can I start a petition on that?

It was the perfect balance of relaxing and spending time with family and friends.  And, it was a completely work-free 3 day weekend because not only did I have Monday off, but Saturday as well since my part-time workplace was also closed.  Woot woot!

Friday we hung out with our friends who we don't see often but always have so much fun with when we do (and remember their pup from these posts?)  We went to Yolickity's for the first time and oh my, I could probably write a whole post about this.  It was such an awesome experience and oh so delicious.  A definite recommendation.  The amount of flavors and toppings alone snags you, add to that the fact that it's all self-serve and for a decent price?  You've got one patron who will be singing your praises and hopefully back for many, many more!  And P.S. Thanks for the awesome spoon that is now in my kitchen for future use :)


chocolate cake frozen yogurt with mini m&m's, crushed oreos, spanish peanuts, strawberries, and two types of chocolate syrup.  YUM!



[P.S. The photo documentation ends here for the weekend because no matter how much I regret it after the fact, I have not gotten myself into the habit of taking pictures.  I even think of exactly what I want to take a picture of and then never do it.]

Our hang out ended up becoming a sleepover (made possible by not having to work Saturday - a rarity) where we watched two movies and Col and I camped out in their living room.  My college roomie and I have been wanting to also have a married sleepover for a long time, and now I know all it takes is last minute planning to convince the hubbies (and this one wasn't even my idea - I'm the one who needed to give it extra thought).  So, we'll get ours soon, Teenie!

Saturday consisted of a nap and attempted laundry.  Then dinner, a walk, and ice cream round 2 with the in-laws to celebrate a belated Mother's Day.  This time we went to Indulge, new to Irondequoit.  The park-like atmosphere inside is so summery and fun.  Hubby and I have made three trips since it opened almost 2 months ago.  This time I had a blurry with mint chip crunch ice cream and crushed oreos.  We all walked back and enjoyed some rounds of kan jam before heading back home.

Sunday we enjoyed church and breakfast with Col's rents before cleaning the apt.  After being sick for 3 weeks, our apt. was starting to feel, no, more like look, neglected.  Afterwards, we went back to Irondequoit to walk to and enjoy the Memorial Day parade with Col's rents, my sister-, brother-in-laws, and niece.  The evening was spent with our friend Eileen who resides in New England and who was up for the weekend.  We enjoyed a lot more outdoor time as we walked to our neighborhood pizza place and ate outside, and walked to our nearby park to play some kan jam with Teenie and John as well.  We stuffed ourselves with ice cream round 3, making sundaes at our apt. and played some games.

Monday was full of more sunshine and the outdoors which we enjoyed during brunch at Teenie and John's with Eileen, kan jam, playing with their pup, Buddy, attempting to assist in herb planting, and a picnic with Col's new co-workers.  It was hot, but such beautiful weather, and I loved it!  We had fun with everyone, human and canine alike, and finished off the evening with another round of kan jam against the in-laws.

Seriously, does life get any better than this?  All I would have added would be some family time of my own, but other than that this weekend truly refreshed me.  I only have a little sunburn but a whole lot of relaxation to show for it.  And, bonus, I'm finally almost over this plague!  A slight lingering cough and morning stuffiness is all!  Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. The family I nanny for was just telling me about how much they love Yolickety!!! I can't wait to try it! After our Bruster's trip, of course :) So glad you had a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete