Sunday, February 12, 2012

Adventures in dog-sitting: Part 1

This week, the hubby and I are dog-sitting for some friends of ours. Now mind you, this is nowhere near the first time that we have done this. However, this particular 70-pound yellow lab wants to leave me with some memories :)

Our friends offered for us to stay at their apartment since ours doesn't allow pets. So we decided on which nights would be easiest to stay there (most of them) and settled in. The first night we decided that it just wasn't going to work to have our furry friend in the bed[room] with us, so out I chased her. While I pride myself on my ability to walk around in the dark, even without contacts in, I seemed to forget that I wasn't in a well-known place. The combination of no light and unfamiliarity found me colliding full speed into the TV stand with my bare leg. As if that wasn't enough, I also tripped over the dog's fan cord while going to get ice. I've got a nice bumpy bruise to remember that night by!

This weekend it snowed, a lot. And what dog doesn't love bounding through the snow, this one included? I think I need to start working out more though because today she took off running and dragged me straight into my parked car. She's strong + the ground was quite slippery + my boots just couldn't take it = I got a wonderful body-plant into the side of my Suzuki. Take note, even that didn't stop her.

Thank goodness for being able to laugh at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment