Wednesday, February 8, 2012

random ramblings

I apologize for the lack of posting lately...my shortage of time was the one factor that I didn't think of when starting up this blog :) I'm working on content though, I promise!

To update on Saturday's donation: everything went GREAT! After hearing from multiple people that drinking water is key, I drowned myself for the 24 hours leading up to my appointment. Friday night I thought I'd had enough when I said to Col, "I think I drank too much water, my stomach hurts." However, that's probably not possible, huh? Kudos to everyone who offered the advice (and to my small group for praying for me...yes, I was nervous enough to make it one of my prayer requests), because I gave like a champ and was done super fast! Also, not once did I feel woozy or in need of taking that blood back. The only minor snag? When she was doing my intake I told her the wrong social security number. Chalk it up to nerves; I swear I wasn't trying to commit identity theft.

The other day I booked an overnight trip to Toronto through a Living Social deal that we bought a few months ago. After waiting on hold and shamefully being that person who keeps calling back instead of waiting over 10 minutes (oops. We had a Superbowl party to get to!), I was helped by a very cheery Canadian who just loved the fact that our zip code contains only numbers. She said it was "so cool" and "very smart" of us. My friend received the same sentiment when she called to book their night (we're traveling together). The hotel desk clerk couldn't get over the fact that she was calling from the U.S. and lived in New York, but not New York City. Our poor state always gets forgotten because of that little tail wisp.

My hubby and I started our exercise routine this week! It's true, we hardly ever exercise (or should I say...never), but we are obsessed with Just Dance for Wii. And, bonus, they have a "just sweat" program where it logs our "sweats!" We dance a few intense songs and we're good to go for the day. Right now we are on the program that is equivalent to walking 30 minutes a day, but we've already doubled the number of "sweats" for that. I LOVE working out without even knowing it, having so much fun dancing around our living room like crazies together.

Lastly, Col has decided to keep our heat incredibly low for the past few days. Granted, we are newlyweds on a tight budget, but winter is not over! Thankfully I was able to inch it up a few degrees when I got home last night :) Always in that process of compromise!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're writing Ash. Keep it up! Love you - Dad

    ReplyDelete