Saturday, February 25, 2012

busyness

A friend and I were emailing and both stated how busy we are. It got me thinking that it is so common for us to say how busy we are and to even try to justify it with how many jobs or hours we work, the number of grad school classes we have, activities or groups we are in, or various other commitments that we all have in our daily lives. I'm the number one culprit of falling prey to my own busy schedule. However, how often are we glorifying God despite or amongst our busyness? A few months back a sermon at church was about glorifying God with everything and anything. As long as it's not against the Bible, it doesn't matter what our jobs are, what activities we fill our evenings with, or how we choose to spend any "free" time we have. What matters is that with everything we do, we are finding ways to exalt God in our lives and thank Him for blessing us with whatever it is that fills our time. I know that I often forget that every moment of every day can be used for God, instead of just my prayer, devotional, church, and small group time. Let's continue to strive to show who God is and His love no matter how "busy" we are or what we are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment