Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

This Saturday I was blessed to be able to drive down to Gowanda after work and spend some time with my rents (and Col got to join on Sunday).  Because I don't see them often, it was a real treat even though it was a very short visit.  Any time spent together is always wonderful, and I was glad to be able to spend Mother's Day with my awesome mom!  Saturday I went to church and participated in a small group that my rents host after service. 

Sunday was a mix of:
-a walk
-ice cream
-kan jam
-"girl talk" conversation on the back porch w/ mom
-steak cookout
-pie
-more kan jam [my mom loves this game now which is awesome]

Every time I visit it's so hard to say goodbye and drive back home (and I always put it off until as late as possible - often forgetting about the 2 hour drive back), but I'm so thankful for the times we do get to spend together, no matter how short in duration.  I love you mom, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment