Monday, August 20, 2012

[learning to] let go

Today will always be a sad day. 

Three years ago today my Grandma Grower on my mom's side of the family passed away after a year-long battle with cancer. 

And today, my Grandpa Saile on my dad's side of the family passed away.  While it wasn't sudden because his heart has been ailing for quite some time, it's still hard.  And while I am glad that he isn't in pain or suffering anymore, it's still hard to let go and say goodbye.  Growing up, both sets of grandparents would watch my brothers and I when my parents were at work, so we grew up spending time at their houses often.  Holidays were always spent with both sides on the same day, and I never take for granted the fact that we lived so close to our extended families.

So today is for Grandma Grower and Grandpa Saile.  Today Grandpa got to join various family and friends in Heaven.  Thank you both for blessing my life.  I miss you dearly.  I love you!

Grandma and Grandpa Saile at our wedding

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this, Smash. I'll be praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete