Saturday, August 4, 2012

summer

I love summer.

I love eating ice cream at least twice a week with good friends (this past week: Eshleman's and Moore's).

I love hot temperatures (but not humidity - hello frizz-ball hair).

I love hearing kids playing on the playground outside the window at work.

I love sitting on my porch as the sun sets and watching people walk by.

I love being able to just walk out the door without having to bundle up.

I love tending my first-year flower garden (it's still alive!).

I love driving with the windows down (and who cares if that means everyone else with their windows down can hear me singing at the top of my lungs?).

I love picnics and cookouts.

I love fresh fruit.

I love not wearing socks.

I love walks.

I love being by the water.

I love tubing.

I love the drive-in movies.

I love summer festivals, parks, and neighborhood events.

I could go on and on.  I wish summer never had to end.  But if I moved somewhere where it's warm all 365 days, I don't think I'd appreciate all this as much because it would always feel like summer.

Here's to the last month of summer!  I've got a lot of summer activities to fit in!


1 comment:

  1. I agree. Summer is fabulous (except those really humid days, but such is life in Rochester). My favorite times of year are late spring and early fall, when it's warm but the humidity isn't too high yet.

    ReplyDelete