Sunday, August 19, 2012

weekend retreat

This past weekend we went to one of my favorite yearly retreats: Lake Moraine.  Katie, our friend from college, and her family own a cottage on this small lake and they've graciously let us come for a weekend every summer.  Our first year was in 2007 and we've made it every year since!  I absolutely love being on the water and getting to tube, water ski, kayak, canoe, hang out on the dock, and enjoy being outside.  It's been a great way to mark the years with our dear friends from college and see what has changed and happened in our lives.  It's always a weekend full of relaxation, laughs, and TONS of food (thank you Katie's family for always feeding us)!

Years in review:
2007 - Louisa, Kayleigh, Daisy, Christine, Katie, and I
first year, just us girls


2008 - no group pic but it was John, Christine, Kayleigh, Colin, Katie, and I
celebrated Kay's birthday


2009 - Katie, Louisa, Lyndsay, Amy, Daisy
Col and I were also there


2010 - no pics. I think I'll institute a yearly group pic from now on
 It was John, Christine, Katie, Col and I
John and Christine were newlyweds


2011 - Christine, John, myself, Col, and Katie
newlywed summer for Col and I


this year - 2012 - Katie, Christine, me, John, Colin, and Aaron
our first year with Aaron and Buddy puppy

Without fail, every year I come back refreshed from the two nights we spend there.  Inevitably, I always also come back wanting a cottage on a lake so, so badly.  Thank goodness we can use hers!  Thanks for a great weekend, friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment