Wednesday, October 17, 2012

did he really just tell me that?

I had my regular dental cleaning this morning.  I'm a freak and actually don't mind going to the dentist because I love the super clean feeling that I leave with and I've never had any dental problems. 

Today took away a little of that dentist joy because I left with my FIRST EVER cavity, and not only one, but TWO.  How did this happen, people?!  I've never had a filling, cap, surgery, procedure, chip, hole, anything.

(other than braces, but that doesn't count in this scenario because that wasn't the dentist, it was the orthodontist)

I don't think anyone understands how much I enjoyed always getting to say that I had never had a cavity.  When I exclaimed my dismay, the dentist thought I was worried about the actual pain of filling them, when in fact I was in shock at having to say goodbye to my dental work-free mouth.

Goodbye happy, healthy, no-cavity mouth, it was nice knowing you while it lasted!

2 comments:

  1. I had the exact same experience this spring. The dentist thought I was worried about the pain too. I've been through braces and oral surgery, it wasn't the pain that concerned me, but the fact that I can no longer say I have never had a cavity!
    ~Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. its okay, it ends up happening to everyone!

    ReplyDelete