Wednesday, April 16, 2014

3 year anniversary!

Today marks three years of marriage for us!  This year included:

-starting the adoption process ~ and a whole lot of ups and downs, including being matched twice and having both matches fall through
-a promotion into a new position at work for me
-paying off all my student loans

We always give gifts according to the traditional items, so this year was leather.  I told Col that we had it easy because of our last name and could go off of that, and yet neither of us did!  Col gave me a pad-folio so I can be cool and professional at work and a pretty leather bookmark that says "LOVE."  He gave it to me because he was sick of seeing my books laying open or marked off with random scraps of paper ;) I gave him a catch-all for atop his dresser, because I was sick of seeing the cardboard Dentyne Fire gum box up there (so we both gifted something that was really for our own sakes!) and the Leatherheads DVD.

Tonight we actually celebrated Col's birthday early because Phantom of the Opera was in town, but we went to Salena's and stuffed ourselves with nachos first.  So we had a combo anniversary/birthday celebration, which was fun to top off our first day back at work after our little getaway!

And while we didn't have time to watch our wedding video, I definitely fell asleep thinking about how we were just leaving our reception at that time three years ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment