Friday, April 25, 2014

"I'd be...warm if I was in L.A. California dreamin' on such a winter's day..."

Guess what?!  We're finally doing it!  We are going to L.A. to visit my brother!!  I am STOKED!  I've wanted to visit him for a long time now because I've never been to California and he's lived there for a while.  But the flight costs to get there always deterred us.  After our failed matches and our longer-than-anticipated adoption process, I need an adventure.  I'm one of those people who whenever I see a plane or am in an airport I just want to GO somewhere!  I love to travel and see new places, and sometimes I feel stuck if we haven't done something in a long time.  Added to the fact that he is looking to move, I felt like time was getting away from us for this opportunity.  And so, my urge to get away has grown and grown until I finally made up my mind that we were going to do this!  We have overpaid each month on my car loan, so right now we don't have any payments technically due for a couple years.  And even though we only have two more over-payments to pay it off, which I'm excited to do, right now for our sanity we are going to use those two payments to pay for our plane tickets.  I can't believe it's actually happening!

And it's a new state for me!  Whenever I've been to a new state, I color it in on a map that I have, and I would love to get them all someday.  I haven't gotten to add to it in years, so here. we. go!  Let the countdown begin over these next two months!


2 comments: